Slow Cooker Venison Tacos
Aside from the traditional and tasty loin on the grill, this is hands down one of my favorite venison recipes! I will take credit for making bomb tacos (and nachos) with this recipe but I cannot take credit for the recipe itself. All of the savory, sweet, spicy, and salty flavors go to Kurt's mom - Joyce. This is a super simple recipe and many of the ingredients you likely have in your fridge and pantry. So, let's dive into the delicious details...
- Frozen venison roast
- 1/2 large onion or 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded & chopped (depending on how much spice you like)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used a low sodium brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional if you are cutting back on sodium)
Place the above ingredients in a crock pot and set to low for 7-8 hours. Shred meat and let cook for an additional 20 minutes before serving.
Serving suggestions - in a flour tortilla or with tortilla chips, topped with cheddar cheese, fresh chopped cilantro, chopped onion, sliced black olives, green chilies, sour cream, taco sauce, and salsa
I hope you love this meal as much as I do! If you try out this recipe, please tag me on social media, send me an email (email@example.com), or drop a comment below to let me know your thoughts. EnJOY!!